Sunday, November 18, 2007

CRASH into me yeah . . .


I do love to listen to Dave Matthews Band, but I don't think that even Dave himself had quite the crash I had on November 7th.

Dana and I were coming home from my Deloitte farewell party and were going to meet to buy a new bed frame (finally, right Dana?) at Mor Furniture. I was getting off the 99th street exit under the I-10 & 101 interchange when the white Pontiac in front of me hit their brakes, and I hit them at 55 mph.

It is still all a little hazy, but the 2001 Nissan Sentra was a mangled mess, I had seat belt bruises, minor air bag burns on my hands, and a few small scratches from my hand hitting the AC vent. Other than that, I was in one piece, unharmed. I was a little "loopy" according to the officer, but there was no brain damage (in addition to what Dana already thinks I already have). The other party, two people from Mexico were fine.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Wear your seat belt. Had I not buckled up, our little family may be without their dad. I thank Heavenly Father daily for the chance to be on the earth another day with Dana and Hailee. All it takes is a click!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

And we're glad you're in one piece too! I don't think any of us ever realizes how fragile life is until something like this happens. I thanked Heavenly Father FOR SURE that night that you were kept safe.