Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our Garden

John has been looking for a new hobby, and he has picked up gardening. His dad had a garden when they were growing up, and he loves fresh tomatoes, so he couldn't resist. Plus, our backyard (10 x 10 ft. dirt mound) is really ugly, so we had to do something.

John bought 2 tomato plants (1 yellow bell, 2 giant), and 2 pepper plants (yellow bell and sweet and hot red poppers). So far, they have grown well, and we have about 6-8 tomatoes coming on. John always gives me a garden update to brag about his work just about every day. I hope they do well, because he has put a lot of time into them.

Hailee also got some flowers that John wanted her to take care of. She goes out every day to water her flowers with a spray bottle (so we don't end up with a pool instead of a garden). See the pics below.

With the salmonella scare here in Utah (Wal-Mart had ZERO tomatoes), it should pay off!

7 comments:

Candace said...

I love the gardening pics Hailee is getting so tall and cute. I think that is great that you guys are trying the whole green thumb thing, it sounds like you guys are doing well. Well give the little ones a hug for us! We sure do miss you guys!

BrookeNaomi said...

Hey you guys!
Thanks again for letting us shack up with you on our way home! You guys are great.
Brooke

Andrea Cutler said...

OK, so blog hopping does pay off!!!! I can't believe that I came across you guys. Ry says you may be this way in Aug. We'd love to have you!

Darcy said...

So cute! I want a garden! Oh, wait... I live in a 2nd story apartment. Nevermind.

Chester said...

HapiBlogging to you my friend! Have a nice day!

Stefany said...

DANA! I was snooping around on some blogs and found Justina's and I was so pleasantly surprised when I found yours, so with your permission I am going to add you to mine so I can keep in touch! By the way you have the most adorable little family ever!!

Trixy said...

Dana it's time to update where ya been busy I would say get with it would ya I just get on sandy's blog and hop to Justina and yours hope ya don't care